This was a last minute thrown together creation, made with things I had left in the house before we were due to go grocery shopping the next day. I’m not a broccoli fan in general, but I adore roasted broccoli. I normally serve it with rice, but I thought I would give it a try with pasta. It was wonderful, but you need make sure you don’t overcook the tagliatelle as it can make the whole dish a little gummy which is not particularly nice.
Next time I make it I’m thinking about throwing in some portobello mushrooms too, what do you think?
Roasted Broccoli and Pesto Tagliatelle
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Wash and cut 2 small heads of broccoli into bite sized florets. Toss with 2 peeled, finely chopped garlic cloves and enough olive oil to coat.
- Roast broccoli in the oven, tossing occasionally so that they don’t stick, for 20 minutes or until the edges start to turn a golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook about 60z (for 2 people, more or less according to appetite) tagliatelle in salted water according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Toss cooked tagliatelle with 2 heaped tablespoons of basil pesto and the roasted broccoli.
- Top with grated pecorino romano, fresh lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
And I have another 4×6 printable recipe card for you.
Click Here to download to you computer and print. Make sure your printer is set to print at 100% and not fit to page.
Tasty Tuesday’s hosted by Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Blessed with Grace